After weeks of agonizing physical therapy and traction, three surgeries, and the assistance of a wheelchair, you’re finally able to get out of bed by yourself and begin to address how you’ll be paying for the towering medical bills on your table.
You’re facing enormous challenges as a victim of a pedestrian accident.
With help from your family members who witnessed the incident, you’re able to say that the Chevy that hit you was definitely at fault. According to witnesses, the driver never even attempted to slow down as he approached the Wisconsin and M intersection and wound up plowing right into you.
You know that you need to file an injury lawsuit, but you’re not sure how to go about it. Since the fault is obvious, is it really worth getting a lawyer, or should you just file on your own?
Why It’s Worth Getting a Good Lawyer for Your Injury Claim
Filing an injury claim on your own can be extremely frustrating and bewildering. Insurance companies actually rely on this confusion, aggravation, and frustration, in hopes that it will discourage you from filing at all. If you do go ahead and file, the insurance lawyers hope their superior knowledge of the law will help them browbeat you into accepting a tiny settlement just to get the case over with.
However, by securing an experienced lawyer to help you with your case, not only will your frustration decrease, but the chances of receiving a higher settlement increases enormously. A good lawyer can:
- Provide information and experience to help you understand the process.
- Identify multiple sources that contributed to your accident, such as the other motorist, uneven sidewalks, faulty pedestrian signs, etc.
- Use his experience with insurance companies to level the playing field and identify any insurance tricks that you may not be aware of.
- Help you get a larger settlement to cover not only your present care but any future care you may require as well.
- Give you peace of mind that someone else cares about your injury and is willing to fight for you.
Allow our knowledge, skill, and understanding to convince you that you don’t have to go through this alone. We’ll fight for you to not only get the compensation you need for your recovery, but also the justice in which you’re entitled. Call today for a free consultation and review of your case.
Still not sure if you want legal help? Feel free to browse our site for more information or read our client testimonials to see firsthand how we could help you.